How can calling and texting work together?
HubDialer’s texting and calling tools serve as complementary measures in modern campaigning and organizing efforts, offering individuals diverse and flexible ways to connect with others. These two communication methods cater to different preferences, situations, and levels of immediacy.
Texting, often associated with short written messages, provides a convenient and asynchronous mode of communication. It allows individuals to share information, ask questions, or convey thoughts without the need for an immediate response. Texting is well-suited for conveying non-urgent information, making plans, or maintaining a continuous thread of conversation over time. Its asynchronous nature enables individuals to respond at their convenience, accommodating varying schedules and time zones.
On the other hand, calling is a synchronous communication method that offers real-time interaction. Calling is ideal for situations that require immediate attention, complex discussions, or emotional nuances that may be lost in written text. It fosters a more personal connection by allowing individuals to hear tone of voice, inflection, and other vocal cues, enhancing the overall communication experience.
Together, HubDialer’s texting and calling platforms provide a comprehensive, all-in-one, communication toolkit. HubDialer customers can seamlessly switch between these two modes to enhance the effectiveness and richness of their overall communication efforts. This integration of texting and calling caters to diverse communication styles, preferences, and the dynamic nature of interpersonal interactions in the digital age.
What are the complementary functions within HubDialer?
Ability to share scripts between calling and texting campaigns: This helps ensure uniformity on things like survey questions across all your texting and calling campaigns
Ability to share contact lists and results between calling and texting campaigns: We call this the piggyback technique and it’s perhaps the best part of having calling and texting under one HubDialer account.
Example: start with a texting campaign to send a primer text to your voter file. Download the results of the texts using HubDialer’s reporting tools, parse the list as needed, then use the curated list in the subsequent calling campaign.
Option to share the same phone number between a texting and calling campaign: This helps establish familiarity with your contacts and can improve answer and response rates. This is great for sending primer texts followed by a call from the same number, as well as sending follow up texts from the same number the contact received a call from. *We recommend prompting contacts to save the number to their phone if you plan to create this sort of communication chain.
Build additional contact lists: Generate a list of people willing to receive texts in the future by adding an opt-in question to your calling campaign. HubDialer customers can then use the monitoring page and reporting tools to isolate contacts based on their responses and boom – there’s your new texting list!
You can also do the opposite and use texting to generate a future calling list. Simply add a question about being called to your texting script, record the answers as responses come in and follow up with everyone that agreed to be called.
Single point of purchase: Whether you plan to use your HubDialer account for calling, texting, or both; purchasing segments for texting and minutes for calling can be done à la carte from the same account.
Check out HubDialer’s pricing page for more information.
Collective Reporting: HubDialer’s reporting tools have always given customers flexibility and control over the reports they generate. Be it for a single calling campaign, or all the campaigns in the account. And the same is true for texting campaigns. HubDialer customers can generate single reports for each texting campaign or run reports on all activity, calling and texting campaigns alike.
A primer text refers to a brief message sent before a phone call to set the stage or provide context. Using a primer text can be an effective strategy to increase answer rates before a call. Here’s how:
- Introduction and Purpose: Begin the primer text with a friendly greeting and a brief introduction. Clearly state the purpose of your call, making it evident why you’re reaching out. This helps the recipient understand the context and prepares them for the upcoming conversation. It can also prompt them to save the number in their phone for future communications.
- Scheduling Confirmation: If the call is prearranged or scheduled, use the primer text to confirm the agreed-upon time. This ensures that the recipient is aware of the impending call and is more likely to answer.
- Provide a Heads-Up: Some people may be hesitant to answer unknown numbers or calls from unfamiliar contacts. Offering a heads-up in the primer text helps to alleviate any concerns and increases the likelihood of a positive response.
- Offer Options for Communication: In some cases, the person you’re trying to reach might prefer an alternative mode of communication. You can mention this in the primer text, allowing them to choose the method that suits them best.
- Express Courtesy: Show consideration for the recipient’s time and availability. A polite and considerate tone in the primer text can make the person more receptive to your call.
By incorporating these elements into a primer text, you create a more engaging and inviting environment for a phone call. This thoughtful approach can help increase answer rates by establishing clear communication and making the recipient feel more comfortable and prepared for the upcoming conversation.
A follow-up text after a phone call serves as a valuable communication tool to reinforce key points discussed during the conversation and maintain a positive connection. Here’s how a follow-up text can be useful:
- Express Appreciation: Begin the follow-up text by expressing appreciation for the time and attention the person gave during the call. This sets a positive tone and reinforces gratitude for their engagement.
- Recap Key Points: Summarize the main points or key takeaways from the phone call. This helps in reinforcing the discussed information and ensures that both parties are on the same page.
- Send Links: If the contact agreed to your call to action over the phone, but was unclear on how to execute said call to action, simply text them the link to your website and/or donation page.
- Clarify Action Items: If there were any action items or follow-up tasks discussed during the call, use the follow-up text to reiterate them. This helps in clarifying expectations and responsibilities.
- Express Openness for Further Discussion: Communicate your openness to further discussions or questions. This encourages ongoing communication and ensures that the individual feels comfortable reaching out if needed.
- Maintain a Personal Connection: Include a personal touch in your follow-up text, such as a friendly closing or a mention of something discussed during the call. This helps in building a rapport and strengthens the personal connection.
- Confirmation of Next Steps: If there are specific next steps or follow-up actions that were agreed upon during the call, confirm them in the follow-up text to ensure clarity and alignment.
By incorporating these elements into a follow-up text, you enhance the effectiveness of your communication after a phone call. It not only reinforces the key points discussed but also demonstrates professionalism, clarity, and a genuine interest in maintaining a positive relationship with the individual you communicated with.
Experiment with free credits
And maybe the best part of having calling and texting under one HubDialer account is the fact that we encourage experimentation with the tools. All HubDialer accounts were given 500 free calling minutes and 50,000 free text credits to try out some of these cross-pollinating techniques risk free.
And new HubDialer customers will also receive 500 free calling minutes and 50,000 free text credits when they sign up for a free trial!
HubDialer customers new and old are encouraged to try out primer texts, follow-up texts and other techniques outlined in this blog. Please share your experiences with us and send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep fighting the good fight and be sure to use HubDialer’s one-two punch of calling AND texting!